The LINDY U8C Modular KVM switch is designed to be easily installed into the back of our range of Modular LCD KVM Consoles to add multiple server/computer control, and is based on our U8 Modular KVM switch.
The U8C Modular KVM switch supports traditional PS/2 mouse and keyboard connections as well as modern USB connections and supports Windows, Mac and SUN operating systems.
The U8C Modular KVM switch features a modular design offering the ability to add a second console featuring remote access either via an IP remote extension unit or via a remote Cat.5 extender unit. Using this method, system administrators are able to access and administrate their servers and KVM switches from a remote office workstation. The optional access modules can be purchased separately and are simply installed into the back of the U8C Modular KVM switch.
The U8C KVM has a fully featured OSD (On Screen Display), allowing the easy set up and management of the switch, and supports resolutions up to 1920x1440 using the local console.
This KVM switch incorporates a modular design concept which allows for dual console access. The switch can also be daisy chained with further U8/16C Modular KVM Switches to control up to 128 servers/workstations from 8 daisy chained 16 port KVM switches.
- Easily installed into our Modular LCD KVM Console range
- 8 Port Modular KVM switch in a 1U, 19" rackmount size
- Supports PS/2 and USB enabled SUN, MAC and Windows computers
- Remote Console port for either Cat.5 Extender or IP Access module (available separately)
- Can be daisy chained up to 8 levels using the dedicated daisy chaining port
- Computers are connected via dedicated PS/2 keyboard, mouse and VGA cables (not included) at distances of up to 5m.
- PS/2 to USB adapters and PS/2 to USB adapter cables are available for use with USB enabled servers/computers
- 16 Port version also available